Friday, January 13, 2006

ends and beginnings

Today is my last day in the PEDS program. Tuesday (we get Martin Luther King, Jr. Day off) I begin my new position at the Center as Director of Marketing and Events.

How do I feel? Mixed, of course. There's the incredible relief at not having to change diarrhetic diapers or wipe slug-snotty noses, relief at not having to calm temper tantrums or constantly count to ten to hold my own. There are the pangs of loss and sadness at not being close working partners with Meg anymore. There's excitement for the energy Vanessa the new PEDS Assistant will bring to the classroom (my energy's been about gone since October). There's guilt at being offered this position while Meg, who's been here longer and worked much harder, has to hang on in PEDS for awhile longer and train yet another new PEDS staff member (when she was the PEDS Assistant, her boss Angie was offered and took a position as Director of Development, so that Meg became the Program Director in Angie's place and I took Meg's old position. Now Angie is going to be my new boss, since my new position is included in the Development Team. It's ironic and awful at the same time). There's hope and joy at having my own office and a new and challenging job.

The next few weeks are going to be topsy-turvy as I adjust.

There's so much I've wanted to say, the past couple of weeks, but no time to say them the way I want, so this little update is, I hope, an appetizer for more consistent posting.

1 comment:

Rainey said...

Good luck! I know you'll be great! :-D

The Year of More and Less

Life continues apace. I like being in my late thirties. I have my shit roughly together. I'm more secure and confident in who I am....