Monday, May 05, 2008

monday bloody monday

Boy is it ever Monday.

Every once in awhile, it's almost pleasing to indulge in a bitter or sour mood. So, to compound my renewed status as a single woman (preemptively chosen -- I'm learning), an abrupt visitation by an evil head/throat/chest cold, and the onslaught of the least pleasant part of my monthly cycle, I have decided to quit smoking. Why? First of all, for obvious reasons -- health and money. Second, if all I'm thinking about is how grumpy I am because my head hurts and feels as though it's stuffed with wool, I am less likely to lose perspective on the other things because I won't be thinking about them.

Besides, having a chest/throat thing going on is a sensible time to quit. My current coughing jags make me sound a little like Darth Vader, and why make it worse?

Hello, Mean Nasty Monday. You're feeling about how I am. Let's be friends and go make somebody miserable.

5 comments:

none said...

renewed status? :(

The Prufroquette said...

Yup. Ever disappointed. I'm handling it pretty well though, I think; and taking away yet another lesson -- treat new dating relationships as lightly as the perfect cream puff until at least a month has gone by -- and if the guy is still around, then maybe. Until then, it's just a crap shoot.

AE said...

Hey, congrats on quitting smoking. I'm down to a pack every three months or so. I barely smoke anymore. A couple times I bought a pack, smoked a few and pitched them. Here's thing. That pack every three months or so keeps me off of them. I just tell myself, well, if you can wait a couple weeks, then you can enjoy one.


I'm writing this like I was a lifetime smoker who was miraculously delivered from the little white death stick. I wasn't and I'm not. But I just wanted ot encourage you. Hang in there. Feel better. Other greeting card thoughts.

la persona said...

third, to attract the kind of man you deserve to have!! you're worth it!!

none said...

I'm sorry Sarah.

Good luck with the smoking. Keep us informed of how it's going. You should tell your boss and the other people around you that you're quitting. The support can really help.

The Year of More and Less

Life continues apace. I like being in my late thirties. I have my shit roughly together. I'm more secure and confident in who I am....