Tuesday, September 02, 2008

neat

This morning as I flopped into the porch chair to read from 1 Corinthians 5 and 6, Paul's admonitory refrain, "Do you not know...?" triggered an association with one of my favorite passages in one of my favorite books in all the Bible: Isaiah 40.

So I read Isaiah 40, and all of its incredible "Do you not know....?" rhetoric, and felt massively comforted by the grand and glorious sweep of the scope of God's attention, from the names of the stars to the strengthening of man. Gorgeous.

And then I got to work, checked my email, and found a note from my mother -- transcribing Isaiah 40.

I don't believe in coincidence. And it's the small things that move me the most deeply -- they tell me that nothing is beyond attention, and everything matters.

It's so good to know I'm loved.

No comments:

The Year of More and Less

Life continues apace. I like being in my late thirties. I have my shit roughly together. I'm more secure and confident in who I am....