Monday, October 20, 2008

partly cloudy

Today the will to write opposes the compulsion to write; the compulsion wins, but with compromises.

I had a great time at Homecoming -- it was bizarre to drive only an hour and a half to reach Grove City -- reconnection with old friends gladdened my aching little heart, and today my abs hurt pleasantly from laughter, and I feel slightly more energized to tackle what appears on my post-moving must-do list.

Mostly I'm tired; I keep reminding myself that moving is an objectively enormous stressor, and trying not to be hard on myself for feeling generally exhausted and reluctant to do anything but read and take naps.

But it looks as if I can safely take up residence in the mobile home, temporarily, at least, so I will soon have my own quiet space, and today I plan to fill with unpacking -- which I always find fun, because I have a tendency to forget about things until they emerge from boxes like Christmas. And then there's the joy of feeling out just where everything should belong.

2 comments:

Music Trades said...

Any news from the English Department? As usual I debated going to Homecoming and decided not to. And immediately began craving Grove City news. So I emailed Potter for the first time in... a long time, but I've learned that replies from Potter come at the most delightfully unexpected moments and usually long after the fact... So I come in search of a recap.

The Prufroquette said...

Sadly, though predictably, I slept through the English Department Breakfast, and the professors all seemed to have vamoosed by the time I arrived at the game to scout for classmates (Grove City, of course, lost the game).

I was very sad, until I realized that now I can pretty much visit any weekend I want. Which thought is rather delightful.

So yes...I'm sorry to be such a poor source of news; I'm longing for updates myself! I'll pass on whatever I learn.

The Year of More and Less

Life continues apace. I like being in my late thirties. I have my shit roughly together. I'm more secure and confident in who I am....