Sunday, April 15, 2007

break

Yeah, a day off, a lot of sleep, a lot of doing nothing, and a deposited paycheck all help. A lot.

So do the Harry Potter movies. I can't seem to get enough HP lately. I've reread Book 6 all the way through this week, with smatterings of Book 5, and now I need to rummage around in the basement to where I think I may have left Book 3 (which was the first HP I read all the way through, and the first to hook me on the story, and will always hold a special niche in my story-obsessed heart).

Sometimes it's hard to watch movies alone. TV on DVD, no problem. I have all of Buffy and all of Angel and a whole bunch of other TV shows and that's always fine. But I have a tonne of movies I'd love to watch but never get around to...some of them are just tough to watch alone. Harry Potter, though, I can do. Readily. Besides, with HP I have this habit of rewinding to catch certain facial expressions or vocal inflections of the characters over and over to help my own interpretations, which would probably annoy a companion.

Can't can't can't can't can't wait for the HP5 movie and the HP7 Book to come out. O.M.G.

Bed.

2 comments:

LRuggiero_temp said...

Movies I can't seem to re-watch alone, but should easily be able to because of their lighthearted and uplifted story manner: (A list possibly publishable in McSweeney's--e? no e? whatever.)

1. Holes!
2. The Lion King, The Little Mermaid, Aladdin
3. Jesus X Superstar, Newsies
4. Alex & Emma, The Prince & Me
5. Not Another Teen Movie, 10 Things I Hate About You, Casanova, A Knights Tale
6. Any Adam Sandler Comedy, Meet the Deedles, Josie & the Pussycats and other general silly-camp comedies
7. Fight Club
But I'm all over The Loop, Andy Milonakis, OTH, The Buffsters, Angel, DA, etc. etc. Someone should tell us what the deal is!

The Prufroquette said...

Movies/TV shows that assuage my loneliness:
1. Holes (I bought it the other day. Know what decided me? "My name is Mr. Sir...")
2. The Prince & Me
3. 10 Things I Hate about You
4. Buffster, Angel, DA
5. Harry Potter
6. Star Wars (ORIGINALS ONLY, see my irate post of a couple weeks ago)
7. Veronica Mars
8. Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, etc.
9. Lilo & Stitch
10. Monsters, Inc.
11. Cowboy Bebop
12. Terminator 2

Movies/TV shows that underscore my loneliness:

1. The Princess Bride
2. MST3-K
3. Traditionally animated Disney
4. Most chick flicks
5. Fried Green Tomatoes
6. Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood
7. Tombstone
8. Last of the Mohicans
9. A Knight's Tale
10. Hook
11. Any Jim Carey comedy
12. Any Jim Carey drama
13. Arrested Development
14. While You were Sleeping (but I watch this alone anyway, it's the ultimate masochism)
15. Sense & Sensibility

The Year of More and Less

Life continues apace. I like being in my late thirties. I have my shit roughly together. I'm more secure and confident in who I am....