Monday, April 16, 2007

but not in nottingham

Well, I guess Prince John won't be evicting me anytime soon for nonpayment of taxes. In fact, he'll be paying ME something, which is nice.

Baaaahhhh I hate dealing with the frigging taxes. Fortunately I don't make enough money and don't own enough valuables or any property for it to take more than three or four hours to get through.

The problem with taxes in general is that -- well, that first of all, the government takes your money away from you and then makes you tell them how they did it; explain THAT one -- is that it's all so complicated. I'm becoming a fan of the flat tax. Anything to avoid the foul 1040s. Sure, you'd have to pay almost half again as much for anything you bought, but at least it would all be paid in one lump sum. Or something. I hate dealing with anything pertaining to accounts, so I don't pretend to understand the particulars. But people, this system SUCKS. Especially because, if you're doing your own taxes, and you aren't sure of one piece of information, or you got a wrong piece of information from an employer, you start to worry if they're going to hurl you in prison and strip you of your citizenship if you turn out to be wrong.

But, on a more positive note, YAY, they're e-filed and just waiting for confirmation.

Now if I could just slink out from under the nagging suspicion that the axe is about to fall somehow. TurboTax doesn't make mistakes, does it? And I told them everything I had in front of me, everything I knew...

It's worse than finals.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rowsdower!

The Prufroquette said...

LOL LOVE IT!!!

Into the ROWSDOWERMOBILE!!!

The Year of More and Less

Life continues apace. I like being in my late thirties. I have my shit roughly together. I'm more secure and confident in who I am....