Friday, July 20, 2007

a song of comfort, for the moment

Vito's Ordination Song

I always knew
you
In your mother's arms
I have called your name
I've an idea
placed in your mind
to be a better man

I've made a crown
for you
put it in your room
and when the Bridegroom comes
there will be noise
there will be glad
and a perfect bed

When you write a poem
I know the words
I know the sounds
before you write it down
When you wear your clothes
I wear them too
I wear your shoes
and your jacket too

I always knew
you
In your mother's arms
I have called you son
I've made amends
between
father and son
Or if you haven't one:

Rest in My arms
Sleep in My bed
There's a design
To what I did and said

~Sufjan Stevens

No comments:

The Year of More and Less

Life continues apace. I like being in my late thirties. I have my shit roughly together. I'm more secure and confident in who I am....