Sunday, August 19, 2007

Summer 2007 Music Spree Addendum

Yeah, you're probably all sick of hearing about my musical endrownment, and believe me, there's plenty going on life-wise, but I don't feel like airing it on the blogosphere this time around...can't quite explain why, but there you have it, the princess writing about music from her Ivory Tower, and keeping everything else private. Email for more personal updates, if you want them! I imagine it won't be too long before I return to the voice you're familiar with.

Until then, here are the albums I ordered today (I love that extra paycheck):

1. Josh Ritter, Josh Ritter (1999) (oh, yessss, his self-titled...and unavailable on Amazon. I went to his official website to procure this one);
2. Rabbit Songs, Hem (2001);
3. Ohio, Over the Rhine (2003) (this one's a gamble, based purely on my own websurfing and Amazon's recommendations -- something I don't normally do; I ordinarily wait for the endorsements of friends -- I'm excited!);
4. Cold Roses, Ryan Adams (2005).

The truly lovely thing is that this spree has necessitated more CD holders in my living room, since I've finally run out of space for them. Delightful -- rearrangement, organization. Perfect way to spend a rainy weekend.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're going to love 'Ohio' ... I had that thing on constant repeat in my car for about 5 months after I bought it. Well worth the investment. Especially the bonus track on the 2nd disc.

The Prufroquette said...

Swweeeet. I guessed good. :)

Oh I checked out Sam Bush...I think it's going to be a great concert.

lvs said...

You are an amazing, music-ordering machine. I wish I had the wherewithal to create my own music tastes rather than pirating Dan's. I guess it's one area where I'm still content to be a hopeless, sheep-like adolescent.

The Prufroquette said...

LOL...well, as I said, I ordinarily rely on the recommendations of friends...so I can't take credit for the introduction to any of the artists I love, although delving wholeheartedly into (almost) everything they've done was something I did do independently.

I just pirate pretty widely. So there's no difference, really. I've hoarded my treasure trove from a lot of people's stores. Sometimes, and particularly over the past year, the music has been the only thing I've retained from a friendship (very Gillian Welch -- "Oh darlin', the songs they played / All we got left of the love we made") -- and the music has been worth what I suffered to be introduced to it.

And Dan's taste is awesome. What are you two listening to these days?

The Year of More and Less

Life continues apace. I like being in my late thirties. I have my shit roughly together. I'm more secure and confident in who I am....