Tuesday, June 02, 2009

come on, now

Dear weather,

In case you're like me and forget to change the months on your calendar, it is now June.

Traditionally June is the month for warmth and green things, for balmy 80-degree days and lots and lots of almost honey-thick sunshine.

I don't know what you're doing, bringing in this cold gray crap, but I believe I speak for the entire county, and perhaps the entire state, when I say that we were over this stuff in March.

Let's get with the program, shall we? We'd like you a lot more if you'd do what you were supposed to do this time of year and give us weather for as few articles of clothing as possible instead of jackets and sweaters.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for pushing envelopes and rethinking the system and not doing things just because that's the way they've always been done. But I believe that in this case, sunny hot muggy June days stand for a system in perfect self-harmony. It's a box I'd like you to think in. This is Erie. Not Forks. And Erie is generally bad enough.

No comments:

The Year of More and Less

Life continues apace. I like being in my late thirties. I have my shit roughly together. I'm more secure and confident in who I am....