Saturday, November 20, 2004

and i say to myself...

My period started a week early. Again. I worked sixty hours this week and didn't get the manager position at Ann Taylor. So...I'm disappointed and a little sad -- not horribly depressed, just blue enough to cry on the phone to Mom about how much I want a cat, change into my favorite pajamas, brew a cup of peach tea, light my balsam fir candle, and listen to Piano by Candlelight. (I haven't done any of that in a week or so.) I also rented Spirited Away, which clinched the deal. Spirited Away is the movie I watch when I need a pick-me-up.

Well, I wanted a sign that I'm not supposed to take too much time off from school. Plus I wanted to be able to attend church every week. I guess this is it.

I do love my job at Ann Taylor. I've become the Oliver Twist of women's retail. One of my coworkers, Jolly, a wonderful Bangladeshi woman whose real name is Sayeeda, brought me a bag of food last week. A few days later she brought me some clothes she didn't want anymore. Today another coworker, Katie, gave me a leather jacket she said was sitting around in her closet that she never wore (it's gorgeous and fits like a glove), and my manager Lisa is going to bring me a phone since mine broke. Again. It's like I fell in the lap of some wonderful huge family with lots of things that I don't have. Part of it pinches my pride since I haven't anything to give them back. The mooch in me is thrilled. The impoverished underdressed college graduate is immensely grateful.

Anyway, off to take my bloated self to bed, after a spot of tea and a few scenes of Underworld. (I do love vampire movies. And Underworld isn't as bad as most. Van Helsing, for example. Nothing can approach Interview with the Vampire, ever, but we'll take what we can get.)

No comments:

The Year of More and Less

Life continues apace. I like being in my late thirties. I have my shit roughly together. I'm more secure and confident in who I am....