Saturday, November 06, 2004

premonitions of goodness

Bush won.

I lost my favorite scarf at work -- the one Marianne bought for me in Paris -- and someone turned it into the mall lost and found. I'm still adjusting to the idea that Indianans (I suppose I should start calling them Hoosiers like they call themselves, though no one knows quite why; I've looked it up) are largely decent people. If I had lost my scarf in Erie I would never have seen it again.

I almost had to work through a church party at the home of one of the members of the church I'm attending (it's going to have a KEG), but at the last moment it was changed so that I still have the evening free.

I met this random woman yesterday at Ann Taylor who knows a few grad students in the English program at Notre Dame and called me last night to give me their numbers. She was so NICE.

I've been a whiny little brat this week and God has still looked on me with gentleness. I don't get it any more than I got it when I was thirteen, except to come a little closer to the dumbfounding idea that the basis of all his goodness is love.

No comments:

The Year of More and Less

Life continues apace. I like being in my late thirties. I have my shit roughly together. I'm more secure and confident in who I am....