Friday, June 09, 2006

hilarious things about living and working in south bend

I love South Bend on Daylight Savings Time. It's still twilight at 10:15. This is what it means to be summer.

Tonight Lynyrd Skynyrd performed in South Bend, and our new partner radio station and hero, WAOR (America's first classic rock station) hosted a Party on the Plaza in front of the Morris Performing Arts Center, and donated the proceeds of the beer tent (and whatever donations we collected in souped-up oatmeal canisters) to the Center for the Homeless.

I collected some new business cards, and now have:

1.) A lunch date (to be determined next week) with the head chef at the Palais Royale, an extremely good-looking Latino named Eddie.

2.) An offer from a trucker from La Porte, Indiana named Phil to ride on his Harley. He said he'd call me at work. I declined to give him my cell phone number outright.

Life is so fricking weird. But always funny.

No comments:

The Year of More and Less

Life continues apace. I like being in my late thirties. I have my shit roughly together. I'm more secure and confident in who I am....