Wednesday, November 19, 2008

antidotes

In the interest of getting out of my own self-embroilment (getting a job is looking a little more promising, thank God -- the worst thing I can do for my own wellbeing is pass weeks and weeks and weeks alone in my house) I spent today helping a few people from church decorate the community's youth center for Christmas.

So much fun. (They even let me decorate the front window!) Good conversation, the pleasure of being useful, having something to think about external to Sarah. I've been getting restless and bored and frustrated; today was perfect.

Tonight: hot tubbing in the snow at the parental residence. (Hm, where's my champagne? At least I know where my bathing suit is: with everything else I own: in my car.)

And this weekend: a trip to catch up with old friends (and wacky family) in southwestern PA.

Big huge enormous sigh of profound relief. I've felt caged.

No comments:

The Year of More and Less

Life continues apace. I like being in my late thirties. I have my shit roughly together. I'm more secure and confident in who I am....