Tuesday, January 20, 2009

at long, long last...

Sunday, in a quest for ingredients for chicken and biscuits, I prowled through the poultry section of the local grocery store (the better ones were too far away to make driving in the bad weather worth the trouble) looking for a whole cut-up chicken.

But they only carried whole fryers.

I considered, selected a big fat bird, and took it home almost quivering with anticipation.

Yes, ladies and gentleman. The meat cleaver works. I hacked apart a whole chicken with a great big wicked knife, sustaining no damage to either the knife or the cutting board, but plenty of clean, even, desired damage to the chicken, and it was the pure, visceral poetry of a hunter-gatherer's ancestral idea of a grand old time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You scare me.

The Prufroquette said...

Hee hee. I get to help raise your child long distance, right?

The Year of More and Less

Life continues apace. I like being in my late thirties. I have my shit roughly together. I'm more secure and confident in who I am....