Friday, March 13, 2009

Blah today. Not sure whether it's a hormone crash (womanhood essentially means being taken hostage by hormones most of the time and learning to deal reasonably with their insane effects), or tiredness, or what, but today I only wanted to pull the covers up over my head and stay warm and lazy in bed all day drifting into and out of sleep, hibernating.

It's probably a good thing I'm having a Girls' Night at the trailer this evening -- if I can't curl up in bed, the next best thing is company, because conscious alone time in this state of mind usually does me no good.

I'm looking forward to the weekend, though. My weekends these days are always great. And this one boasts the bonus of a visit from my sister!

I find myself thinking today how homesick I am for Meg and Phillip. Probably because it's Friday and my Fridays in the Midwest for two years almost always consisted of a trip to their house to eat good food, fight over who should order the pizza, rile up the dog, play with Josie, make fun of everything and everyone on the entire planet, watch a few episodes of some wonderful geeky TV show, and relax and be thoroughly and completely ourselves without reservation or judgment -- or, simply and more accurately put, without fear.

It's wonderful to be back in Erie. I love my native state and my native city, and I love living in closer proximity to my blood family. But I miss my chosen family, and today I'm feeling it rather sharply.

This week I allowed the slump to carry me along. Next week marks a return to discipline. I think part of my problem is that I'm simply, out of some irritating existential weariness, not doing the things I love most to do -- reading, writing, singing. Time to buckle back down, and time to reinvigorate. It's almost spring.

Oo! I just remembered: Today is my half birthday!

No comments:

The Year of More and Less

Life continues apace. I like being in my late thirties. I have my shit roughly together. I'm more secure and confident in who I am....