Monday, March 23, 2009

Lately I'm tired and completely unmotivated to write. I have a handful of posts which I've half-heartedly begun and then abandoned, and then forgotten that I've abandoned, so that I suddenly realized today that I haven't posted anything on the blog in a really long time.

Life has gone, and continues to go, extraordinarily well. There's lots to do -- hence the tired -- and I finally find myself inundated by human interaction. The miracle of the ordinary keeps blossoming around me, and my current favorite verse leaped out at me from the pages of 1 Thessalonians the other day:

"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsides and so that you will not be dependent on anybody" (4:11-12).

No comments:

The Year of More and Less

Life continues apace. I like being in my late thirties. I have my shit roughly together. I'm more secure and confident in who I am....