Thursday, June 23, 2005

June goodness

The only sucky thing about summer is that if you put off washing your dishes for too long, the things in them start to rot.

Other than that...I love June.

There's a blackberry tree in the alley behind my house. I ate a lot of berries from it over the weekend and didn't get sick, so apparently it's bonafide. Colette and I saw a few more blackberry trees on the walk home from the ghetto Martin's today (for those of you who have never had the interesting experience of living in the Midwest, Martin's is a chain grocery store with lettering that looks like Halloween). The sad thing about the trees is that they were so big the branches didn't start till a good twenty feet up.

What a waste. I trod on fifteen pies' worth of fallen blackberries and couldn't possibly reach up to pick even a handful.

I'm going to plant one outside my window.

1 comment:

Yax said...

I've had that dish problem before too. It's not fun.

The Year of More and Less

Life continues apace. I like being in my late thirties. I have my shit roughly together. I'm more secure and confident in who I am....