Tuesday, July 12, 2005

The Monday Law

Every week must have a Monday. Even if that Monday does not fall on a Monday.

The past two calendar Mondays at work were designed in heaven -- only a few kids showed up, so Meg and I could spend more one-on-one time with them doing more interesting things...or we could just chuck the day's activities and head to the local play park for the morning, wear the kids out, and put them to bed right after lunch.

But karma demands a reckoning. The Perfect Day must be paid for. So the following day is gleefully orchistrated in hell.

The good things about these spiritual Mondays is that you really earn your rest for the evening. With the last bit of daylight left I will be shamelessly kicking back my heels and plunging into Middle Age: A Romance, a novel by Joyce Carol Oates which I have been immensely enjoying.

And believe it or not, my apartment is still clean.

No comments:

The Year of More and Less

Life continues apace. I like being in my late thirties. I have my shit roughly together. I'm more secure and confident in who I am....