Saturday, July 16, 2005

Wild living

I'm on vacation!!!

And because I'm poor, I'm vacationing at home where I don't have to pay for anything at all. My parents have turned my gutted-out bedroom into a guestroom which contains their old queen-sized bed. So I come home to better conditions than when I left. (My bed is a single.)

I love coming back to Pennsylvania. As soon as I cross the border from Ohio I scream myself hoarse with joy, out the window for all or no one to hear.

On my trip while passing a semi I was listening to music and singing and dancing in the car; I was happy and in love with life and glad to be on the road and heading home; I noticed that the guy behind me wanted to pass me, so I got over and kept right on singing. As the SUV passed I glanced over and saw the craggy profile of a middle-aged man just turning away. He was smiling.

AND I drove five and a half hours and jumped a time zone so I could procure my copy of THE SIXTH HARRY POTTER an hour ahead of the people back in South Bend.

Now I get to shower and get ready for my fifth year high school reunion. This should be rich.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a fifth year highschool reunion? Dude.

Evan said...

I must say that I like PA quite a lot as well, although I've never lived anywhere else so I can't compare.

How long are you in the area? If you'd be willing to drive sown to Grove City I'd offer to drive up and buy you dinner.

I feel like we haven't seen each other in ages.

The Prufroquette said...

I can do better than that, Ev: I can come to Pittsburgh. Probably this coming Saturday, whaddaya say?

Evan said...

I have a wedding to go to this Saturday.

If you could do Friday, Friday would work very well. If not, I can always go to the wedding and skip the reception and we can do something Saturday evening.

The Prufroquette said...

Saturday evening is best, I think. You wouldn't have to skip the reception; I have other peeps to catch up with in the Burgh, so let's be in touch as plans evolve...

prettypuddleglum@yahoo.com

The Prufroquette said...

Yeah, I think fifth year reunions are about the same everywhere.

The Year of More and Less

Life continues apace. I like being in my late thirties. I have my shit roughly together. I'm more secure and confident in who I am....