Monday, August 22, 2005

daily life

Experienced quite a busy weekend this one past -- in a great way. Friday Colette and I swapped family and guy stories over Thai curry, then church stories over hot chocolate at the South Bend Chocolate Cafe (whose excellent dark hot chocolate is exactly like the scratch kind Mom taught us to make, with baking cocoa and sugar). Saturday I sat journalling and intensely Dealing With Issues, after which I felt much better -- the Issues have been percolating for about a month or so, and it was time and past time to take the lid off, swirl them around, and filter through them. Great stuff. Saturday night I met Meg's friend Matt while Looking Hot in a Black Skirt and had a fun two hours of theater story swapping at the Fiddler's.

Sunday was shopping at the Michigan City Outlets with Colette, where she bought work clothes and I bought a badly needed new pair of sneakers (I hear "sneakers" is an East Coast term; people around here supposedly all say "tennis shoes") which I love. I go through sneakers quickly, being rather brutal to them, and I hadn't bought a new pair in at least two years. Sadly the grey pair with green trim were unavailable in my size, so the grey pair with pink trim sufficed. I woke up excited to wear them, and after a day of chasing babies in them my feet are happily sore from *gasp* Enough Support.

While shopping with MP for a new TV last week I also purchased a new tea kettle. (I had borrowed hers for the summer.) Tea kettle shopping consists of a few dense moments of overwhelmed anguish in which one selects the desired color and handles all the display samples, wondering what on earth shade/shape/brand will do. I settled for a darling red Kitchenaid which works so beautifully that the already pleasurable ritual of preparing coffee in the morning is intensified.

It's a good life.

2 comments:

Mair said...

The thing about tea kettles...why are they do darn expensive????

The Prufroquette said...

Grrrr, I know. I had saved a coupon for Bed, Bath & Beyond, which brought the price into the range I had been planning. But even so--!

The Year of More and Less

Life continues apace. I like being in my late thirties. I have my shit roughly together. I'm more secure and confident in who I am....