Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Broke two fingernails on a box of files today; since I lack nail clippers at the office, they're all scratchy. I'm writing letters to lawyers I've never met, sending them heavy envelopes that will necessarily go Priority Mail. After fourteen inches of snow the weekend before this, the weather turned warm and it's been raining the past two days without much stopping. The birds seem confused. I drove to Elkhart this morning to file the papers in the box that broke my nails, and which I'm sending with the letters to the lawyers I've never met. Didn't get lost. The snowblades on the wipers squeaked on the windshield. A perfect day to listen to Sufjan sing about Michigan and wish I could be in his chorus.

No comments:

The Year of More and Less

Life continues apace. I like being in my late thirties. I have my shit roughly together. I'm more secure and confident in who I am....