Friday, April 17, 2009

i will be brief

I'm spinning a review of The Hazards of Love mentally as I peck away diligently at real estate work, so hopefully that will appear soon. I'm enamored of the album and can't stop listening to it, whether in the car or just in my head.

Meanwhile, I woke this morning feeling loads better about everything, and found myself particularly encouraged by the twelfth and thirteenth chapters of Hebrews, realizing anew that the call to "fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the Father" recognizes the periodic suckiness of life, the periodic feelings of shame and sorrow, and reminds us -- reminds me -- to lock my gaze on the One who knows what all of that is like, and to hold my mind fast to Him who is the answer to all questions.

All shall be well.

No comments:

The Year of More and Less

Life continues apace. I like being in my late thirties. I have my shit roughly together. I'm more secure and confident in who I am....