Friday, April 24, 2009

plenty of sunshine headin' my way

Eighty-five degrees now. Still sunshine! I haven't felt this upsurge of fiercely joyful wellbeing in ages. I want this weather to last forever. Or at least a week. It can rain while I'm sleeping. I've been bouncing around with a bright smile radiating a cheer that would make Little Orphan Annie look like a cousin to Oscar the Grouch.

Except that I'm indignant because as I unfolded my legs from the car upon arriving at my parents' house a little girl zipped past me on a bike. Which didn't strike me as deserving of indignation until I heard a little humming whine. My head snapped up.

The damn thing was motorized.

Apparently the beauty of technology is not making our kids even work to push their own pedals anymore, so that they can grow up to become enormous balls of flesh with no muscle like all the people floating on carts in Wall-e.

No comments:

The Year of More and Less

Life continues apace. I like being in my late thirties. I have my shit roughly together. I'm more secure and confident in who I am....