Wednesday, April 15, 2009

rumbly in my tumbly

All I've been able to think about today has been the huge and amazingly delicious bowl of Dolsot Bibimbap I devoured at the Asian market in D.C. on Saturday. It was hearty, filling, spicy, wholesome, savory, and just plain freaking good.

Fortunately the internet abounds with recipes, but I know I won't be satisfied until I've acquired a Korean cookbook.

In other news, Facebook is possibly the most brilliant and entertaining time waster yet invented, and I filed my taxes admittedly under the wire, but on time. (Why finish something early when you save more time putting it off till the last minute? Procrastinators, I maintain, are slightly more stressed out in the moment but far more efficient in their time management. Why do something in three weeks that is easily done in three days, or three hours?) I'm also getting a wee pittance back from greedy old Caesar, which ought to help my new David Ramsey-esque financial plan to snowball my way out of debt (thanks for the tips, Hill).

Ohhh man...I can just see the steam wafting out of the sizzling hot crockery bowl. I'm hungry. (And I love eating with chopsticks. This also means I'll need one of those bowls...half the reason I love exploring new cuisines is that I get to buy authentic and strange kitchen and dining implements, which usually look really cool as well as serve the wonderful purpose of facilitating the consumption of yummy food.)

Oh, stop growling, stomach. You're not helping. Maybe Rachmaninoff's Vespers will distract you.

No comments:

The Year of More and Less

Life continues apace. I like being in my late thirties. I have my shit roughly together. I'm more secure and confident in who I am....