Thursday, April 30, 2009

sc-fi salad

Hey! Why haven't the fighters in the Resistance come up with a huge electromagnetic pulse to wipe out Skynet? Don't EMPs murder computer chips? Doesn't anyone in John Connor's army remember watching Dark Angel as a kid, before the lights went out? If they have enough resources to reconfigure time machines and reprogram Terminators, surely they have enough resources to build a pulse-maker.

Maybe this was addressed in Season 2 of The Sarah Connor Chronicles and I missed it. Or maybe it comes up in Terminator: Salvation this summer.

Not that I'm complaining, mind you. If Skynet is defeated in any simple way, my favorite of all fictive filmographic heroes has no more story, and that would cause me much grief.

Still.

No comments:

The Year of More and Less

Life continues apace. I like being in my late thirties. I have my shit roughly together. I'm more secure and confident in who I am....