Friday, March 30, 2007

i suck at money

Well, it's time to crack back down on the old finances.

Taking a four thousand dollar pay cut from my job at the Center to this one has been harder than I thought, and I'm seeing the difficulty over time. Fortunately my pay now is hourly, so if I put in the work, I get the pay; but I've been wearing myself out and my spending habits still need adjustment.

This week is pay week and I'm going back to the cash-only system -- no more debit card. (Debit card = evil.)

The irritating thing is that I don't go insane and buy things like new cars or expensive clothes...I buy little things, like bedspreads, cupboards, and wooden crates. But they still add up. It just doesn't seem fair. But I have medical bills to pay off -- mine and the gato's -- so there you have it. I'm going to be eating a lot of leftovers, buying fewer groceries, and living simpler...and paying only with cash. And when the weekly cash allowance is gone...tough.

Sigh. Time to go roll up the sleeves...

1 comment:

Mair said...

we recently converted to the cash system for groceries and 'entertainment' funds. it makes it a lot easier to stay on budget. Good luck!!

The Year of More and Less

Life continues apace. I like being in my late thirties. I have my shit roughly together. I'm more secure and confident in who I am....