Monday, March 05, 2007

successes

Yesterday I...

1. Successfully made it to church;

2. Successfully made delicious rosemary garlic bread in flowerpots. I was exceedingly relieved, because I fiddled with the recipe, and it came out PERFECTLY. The loaves are very rustic-looking, the crust is so crisp and fine as to melt in your mouth, the texture light and smooth, the flavor subtle but rich;

3. Successfully cleaned my apartment (it's gross when Simon gets up off the floor with particles of whatever all over his fur, although this can be attributed in part to the lurking presence of static, since it hasn't been that long since my last vacuuming);

4. Successfully went to bed relatively early, which was really great considering I had gotten up only twelve hours before.

All right, Monday. Let's circle each other warily and have at it. Watch out. My left uppercut is nasty.

No comments:

The Year of More and Less

Life continues apace. I like being in my late thirties. I have my shit roughly together. I'm more secure and confident in who I am....