Monday, May 07, 2007

more of life

The cat's not feeling top shape again. Boss-Man's in court all day, so I took the morning to take Kitty Boy to the vet (saves me expensive ER visits -- 80 bucks just to walk through the door, plus whatever else they do for him, ugh), and they think he has lesions on his bladder that make litterbox use uncomfortable. So, more medications, new cat food, another hundred bucks kissed goodbye.

I'm tired. I spent most of the weekend sleeping, and I can't seem to get quite caught up. After a month and a half of The Cereal Diet, born of the Bill Catch-Up Financial Plan, a scramble to reintroduce red meat to my dietary intake has resulted in a digestive upheaval that had me in considerable gastrointestinal pain over the past week. Looks like I need to sit down and, for the first time ever, come up with something strategic in regard to my diet. More protein, starting with the white meats and fish, iron supplements, and a slow reintroduction of the red stuff. I'm pretty sure the fatigue, the weakness (carrying one of my air conditioners up from the basement yesterday was really hard), etc., all result from iron deficiency.

Ridiculous. This has got to change. Fortunately, with my Income Tax Return on its way, and my rigid frugality (my Scots ancestors would be so proud), and my upcoming paycheck, the next couple of weeks should see a leveling out of the financial worries that have plagued my waking and sleeping hours all year. I'm hoping that those are the reasons I've been so listless, and that the light at the end of the tunnel will see a happy return to my normal hobbies and activities -- cooking, cleaning, reading, writing, and getting a little more exercise.

I'm seeing my wonderful new doctor this Thursday, so I'll get to discuss all of this with him as well, to make sure I'm on the right track.

There has been some interesting new drama in Sarah's Apartment House of Insanity, so I'll be posting on that soon -- it's much more entertaining than my bank account and the dwindling numbers on the scales.

1 comment:

LRuggiero_temp said...

I hope that this weekend goes well. Have a par-tay and may Simon's lesions die a firey (SP?) death (hypothetically, of course).

Hearts!

The Year of More and Less

Life continues apace. I like being in my late thirties. I have my shit roughly together. I'm more secure and confident in who I am....