Monday, May 21, 2007

turn, turn, turn

Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

Strangely, after Wednesday, things began to stand on their head, in the best way possible. The Anti-Midas got out a box of baby wipes and began to clean up after himself, while I peeked through my fingers from where I'd collapsed on my extremely comfortable easy chair.

First, after dragging myself through the thickest sludge of exhaustion I've endured since the crash-and-burn my sophomore year of college, I decided the problem was my medication schedule and went back to taking the antidepressant at night. I'd been taking it in the morning since my doctor put me on the new stuff, because it was giving me fitful sleep and the weirdest dreams I've ever remembered (fun, but really weird. Loony Tunes variety dreams). And for the past four days I've felt like a new woman. Chipper, perky, energetic, able to concentrate, able to do stuff again, able to eat, able to sleep, able to work, able to relax. Amazing.

Second, I got all my tax refunds back, paid all my bills from last month and this month, including the medical bills (just the monthlies, not all of them off altogether), and still have enough leftover to eat, and maybe buy some new clothes, for the first time in well over a year, next month -- hooray!

Third, I've been eating real food on a regular basis for the past ten or eleven days. I'm no longer starving. My hair is still falling out, but that should (I'm hoping) stop soon. I've greatly increased my protein intake, switched from soymilk to whole dairy milk, and no longer have cereal for dinner. At all.

I also cleaned the house this weekend, am becoming obsessed with my Dyson vacuum cleaner (it does BARE FLOORS, happy happy joy joy, bye-bye broom-that-never-picks-up-cat-litter-and-cat-hair), and washed all my dishes. I think I can keep the apartment clean. I am Very Happy.

Best of all, I had a perfect weekend spending time with a person I greatly enjoyed.

So while I had very little to do with the residue of the crap being alchemized into green pastures (which are, I think, much better than gold), I'm happy and exceedingly grateful.

No comments:

The Year of More and Less

Life continues apace. I like being in my late thirties. I have my shit roughly together. I'm more secure and confident in who I am....