Monday, October 29, 2007

january in october

It's snowing in my freezer.

I have never had this happen before. I knew it was pretty cold in there, and I've been fiddling with the temperature controls in the fridge for the past couple of weeks, trying to bring it down to a less Arctic temperature, since everything in the fridge has been freezing and there are enough icicles hanging off the shelves to look like Christmas.

I figured I'd worked it all out. Until I opened the freezer yesterday and was greeted by a snowdrift.

It's not even ice crystals. It's real, honest-to-God SNOW. I packed a pot full of it, freezing my hands in the process, giggling at the thought that if I only had company, I could surprise them with a snowball fight.

But alack and alas, I was the only one home, and the cat would only have been frightened and upset if I'd chucked a chunk of powdered water at him.

So it's winter early in my house.

1 comment:

none said...

That is awesome. ha ha. Sounds like freezer burn... are you sure you didn't leave the freezer ajar or turn it down to low?

The Year of More and Less

Life continues apace. I like being in my late thirties. I have my shit roughly together. I'm more secure and confident in who I am....