Sunday, October 07, 2007

progress report #2

Twenty-nine boxes packed. That includes all my books and movies (except for a few lying scattered about which I can use for my entertainment during the packing process), all my knick-knacks, most of my pictures, and most of my kitchen stuff.

The apartment is looking so...stripped. It's a little sad. I did love it here, until the circumstances became intolerable, but I've spent the past two and a half years making this apartment my home, and I'd made it nearly perfect.

But I'm excited about the future, and arranging the new house, and living SO CLOSE to work, and having my own private residence. So when I find myself feeling blue about leaving this little place that I've loved so much, I think about what's ahead, and get a nice glowy feeling.

And I can't lose my momentum now. There's still a ton to do -- pantry, containers, taking the crates down off the walls, closets, the stuff I have stored in the basement. Yargh.

Sarah is going to be one busy puppy these next few days.

But I did get plenty of rest this weekend, even with all the working and packing and newspaper wrapping involved. Lots of sleep at night, and luxurious naps during the days. Which I've needed.

And all shall be well...

4 comments:

none said...

Moving is such hard work!

Is your boss giving you time off this week?

The Prufroquette said...

Hahahahahahaha, you're so funny! :)

Nope, no time off, but I'm not complaining, and not too worried...my coworker Deb has offered to help me pack one of these evenings, and so has Boss Lady, and I did make a lot of progress this weekend.

Just...damn. I'm going to be SO TIRED after this coming weekend.

What was it Dylan said? "Gotta keep on keepin' on..."

lvs said...

How many boxes of books? That's the real test...

The Prufroquette said...

Fifteen. :) And most of the boxes are big. (I'm counting on man-muscles to help me get them out of here.)

The Year of More and Less

Life continues apace. I like being in my late thirties. I have my shit roughly together. I'm more secure and confident in who I am....