Tuesday, December 18, 2007

exhausted

I drove up to Ann Arbor yesterday to visit my general practitioner at the University of Michigan, and finally got some decent medical help.

Turns out my instincts weren't off track; Dr. Fine prescribed me regular Zyrtec again, so that my stomach doesn't need to go all haywire from a decongestant that I don't need. He also put me back on Wellbutrin, which I've used in the past and which has, at the very least, never given me bad side effects.

This past weekend was rough. I had stopped taking Cymbalta, which was actually kind of stupid, since with that antidepressant a person needs to be weaned off it, or suffer withdrawal; so I suffered withdrawal. But it was kind of a Scylla and Charybdis situation, because when I broke down and did take it on Saturday, I felt much worse. Bah.

So I spent most of the weekend an edgy, nervous wreck, popping Benadryl to calm me down. Fortunately I spent nearly all that time with my boss's family, so I had some support and distraction from how crappy I felt.

Today I'm just tired. The seven-hour round trip was a long drive, though worth it, and med switches are always interesting. My poor body doesn't know which end is up, and wants to spend the time curled up in bed. However, duty calls, so I'm going to plow through the day as best I can, and hit the hay super early tonight.

Good things are happening, though; last night for the first time in forever I actually cooked dinner -- an activity which I've sorely missed, but haven't had the energy to attempt. And it was nice to spend a quiet evening at home with my kitty -- he missed me while I was gone, and was all darling and sweet and purry. And so glad to have me back that he spent the night pressed as close to me as he could get, and patiently waited out my tossings and turnings.

My office has returned to its pigsty state, so cleaning it will be the focus of my activities today. And at some point, when I'm home, I really need to shovel out the driveway. My car bravely plowed its way out this morning, but I do need to clear the path, and I feel that the physical labor will do me good.

Yawn.

No comments:

The Year of More and Less

Life continues apace. I like being in my late thirties. I have my shit roughly together. I'm more secure and confident in who I am....