Monday, December 03, 2007

the new Christmas spirit, part 13

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree
Thy leaves are so unchanging
O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree
Thy leaves are so unchanging
Thou represent’st my single state
That year to year doth not abate.
O Christmas tree, O Christmas tree,
They leaves are so unchanging.

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree
O wilt thou not appease me?
O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree
O wilt thou not appease me?
I long to hold somebody tight
Before thy glowing colored lights
O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree
O wilt thou not appease me?

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree
Thou twinklest so brightly
O Christmas Tree O Christmas Tree
Thou twinklest so brightly
Thou art a beacon, bright and clear
That my true love is drawing near
O Christmas Tree O Christmas Tree
Thou twinklest so brightly

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree
I love thee for thy comfort!
O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree
I love thee for thy comfort!
Thou bringest back the memory
Of childhood and family
O Christmas Tree O Christmas Tree
I love thee for thy comfort!

4 comments:

none said...

I wish we could get together and gather around a piano and sing your carols for singles. Or better yet, go caroling from door to door. he he. That would be fun.

These are seriously brightening my lonely-at-Christmas blues. As is my awesome Christmas tree that I put up last night. I bought a full 6' one (fake though) and it's covered in lights and ornaments and plush infectious diseases (tee hee), and hey, if I had to share the tree with anyone else, do you really think it would have a hybrid Disney/Dr. Seuss/infectious disease theme? I think not. My tree topper is Stitch in a hot sauce jar.

The Prufroquette said...

There is nothing like your own tree. I'm foregoing one this year for a lot of reasons, money, time, effort, transportation, etc., but primarily because last year my tree made me feel so freaking lonely I couldn't stand it. Nobody to share it with, waa.

Hence the songs this year. :) I'm glad you're getting enjoyment out of them! My dad always said, When something's horrible, you either cry, or you laugh. So you laugh. I wish I could hit Chicago before the holidays and make Taylor figure them out on the piano (I have long forgotten how to sight read). It would be rollicking good fun!

Your tree sounds absolutely fantabulous. What kinds of infectious diseases?

none said...

I was short on ornaments, so I started sticking other random things on my tree, including these stuffed animal things that represent different infectious diseases. They sell them at giantmicrobes.com and one of my best friends bought me a bunch of them and adds to my collection at every holiday.

Allison said...

Hi Sarah - I've been lurking on your blog for a long time, but finally decided to come out of the shadows and post a comment, because I just have to tell you that your singles Christmas songs are HILARIOUS! I love them. Long time, no see; hope everything's going well for you! - Allison

The Year of More and Less

Life continues apace. I like being in my late thirties. I have my shit roughly together. I'm more secure and confident in who I am....