Thursday, December 13, 2007

insomnia

Something doesn't want me to sleep.

It's been going on like this for months. Every night I have completely insane dreams about people I haven't seen in years, full of uncertainty and worry and all sorts of negative emotions, then I wake up two or three times throughout the night, then I can't fall back asleep, then the house starts making bizarre noises that wake me up again once I do.

Last night I took a Benadryl and went to bed at 9:30, dead tired and hoping for a little rest. But every hour on the hour my furnace kicked on and made loud rattling noises that woke me instantly, I was too hot, then too cold, I couldn't fall asleep again, my dreams got worse when I did, and then the furnace kicked back on.

And of course, this morning the furnace was quiet as a purring kitten.

But hey, the shadows under my eyes look artistic.

3 comments:

Mair said...

insomnia and i are old friends. i'm sorry that you've been having these problems. :o( i hope that it resolves itself soon!

Yax said...

You'll have to tell my how you pull off making under-eye shadows look artistic. Mine just make me look hungover.

The Prufroquette said...

Wear a lot of black. :)

The Year of More and Less

Life continues apace. I like being in my late thirties. I have my shit roughly together. I'm more secure and confident in who I am....