Sunday, September 25, 2005

call me a cat

And I just caught Mouse Number Two, this time with some cleverness and cunning. It poked its head around the bookshelf as I sat on my couch journalling, and sneaked along the baseboard and around the corner to the kitchen. I waited a moment, then followed. It wasn't caught in the glue trap laid along the wall just around the corner. Puzzled, I checked my other empty trap in the kitchen behind the stove, then inspected its path to see how it had escaped.

It occurred to me that the mouse was running on the molding, not the bare floor, so I tipped the glue trap at an angle from molding to floor, and went on a hunt around the kitchen.

As I opened the pantry door, a little brown furriness darted behind the stove. I waited, and then with a jerk it ran over the tipped trap and caught.

So now Mouse Number Two is feeling a little colder and I'm thinking if there are more than two mice in this apartment, I am quickly going to lose my reluctance to give them a sound blow to the head to finish the whole business right away, so as not to waste good Gladware.

Meowwr.

2 comments:

Trey said...

can't wait to see you again.
and Angel kicked ass all the way up to the last season. I think it ended because it obviously didn't know what to do with itself. But I still watched it every week.

Trey said...

can't wait to see you again.
and Angel kicked ass all the way up to the last season. I think it ended because it obviously didn't know what to do with itself. But I still watched it every week.

The Year of More and Less

Life continues apace. I like being in my late thirties. I have my shit roughly together. I'm more secure and confident in who I am....