Friday, May 26, 2006

at last

God bless the clinics who serve the low-income and badly insured of our nation. And God bless no-nonsense doctors who don't treat you like an idiot.

So the doctor who saw me this morning was first of all really old, second of all very complimentary as to my personhood -- intellect, appearance, and clean-cut lifestyle (can you believe it?) -- and thirdly supportive of my request for antidepressants. I even got samples!

So now begins my medicated quest for a mentally stable existence.

And the nurse who saw me to the exam room was extremely friendly and gave me her phone number and wants to be my friend.

This week has been totally bizarre.

And, despite 10.5 hours of sleep yesterday, today still finds me groggy and exhausted. But hopefully that will all be over soon.

Hallelu Yah.

The Year of More and Less

Life continues apace. I like being in my late thirties. I have my shit roughly together. I'm more secure and confident in who I am....