Sunday, December 10, 2006

church

I attended again this morning. I found myself looking forward to it.

I love, I love, I love that there is Communion every week.

The pastor emailed me a few days ago, welcoming me to the church, asking if I had any questions, if there were any areas where I wanted to serve. I plan on signing up for a few things.

The people were just as friendly as last week, and in fact I discovered that two friends of MP's landlord also attend the church, so I have some unexpected familiar faces in the (delightfully small) crowd! My next-door neighbor, also a member, offered after church to let me carpool with him and his kids on Sundays.

It's really quite crazy. Suddenly I seem to be surrounded by a community. And I think I love it.

3 comments:

Rainey said...

Hi! I'm glad you are enjoying your new "community". I've had a similar church experience. I was very bored and not excited about going to church, then I found a new one that I LOVE! The only difference is that my church is HUGE! Haha, everyone is really nice though. Yay for having swell church experiences! :-D

Dawn said...

That's awesome! I need to work on finding something like that in Chicago (Christian community).

The Prufroquette said...

Yes, it is extremely weird, coming back to something you've been leery of. I've passionately hated the Christian church for over a year now, and going back is this strange mix of euphoria and fear.

What's going on this weekend at Fernwood?! And what times? I'm hoping to do the rest of my Christmas shopping during the week, if my stupid head decides to stop hurting long enough to allow it. I hate the mall at most times, and I really hate it on the weekends in December; but the Christmas shopping MUST get done.

Let me know!

The Year of More and Less

Life continues apace. I like being in my late thirties. I have my shit roughly together. I'm more secure and confident in who I am....