Monday, February 23, 2009

cheeerful little whistle

Loved the Symphony. It was also an opera, and so good I got the goosebumps. (The show was Carmina burana, by Carl Orff. The first and last movements in particular are stunning.)

What a great weekend. In addition to looking fancy and hearing good music, Dustin and I hacked around in the woods climbing mini mountains and getting muddy, which is always my idea of a good time. I can't wait for camping trips in the summer.

One of the unexpected miracles of being around Dustin is a quietness of mind I don't recall ever having experienced except in my times of staring over bodies of water (lake, ocean, creeks) alone. I told him last night that my mind is like a dark room with six radios playing at once, each set to a different station. It's always busy in my brain, and while it doesn't give me any trouble focusing, it doesn't give me a break, either. But I've noticed that when I'm with him, five of the radios quietly turn off and I'm almost fully present in the here and now, and it's so relaxed I almost don't know what to do with it.

I'm dating the awesomest guy in the world. It's great to be me.

4 comments:

Rainey said...

Hey, I don't remember hearing about you meeting this guy! All of a sudden he just popped into your blog world. How did you guys meet? How long have you been dating? You gotta give a girl some details! :-P

The Prufroquette said...

mm...Nope, not at present; sorry. A lady doesn't kiss and tell (much). ;) I also try to protect the privacy of my inner circle of people, since this blog is a hugely public forum and not everyone is the autobiographical exhibitionist I am.

All things in their season. For now we'll say he appeared in my world much as I wrote him into my blog, and I'm having a good time, and that fact seemed blogworthy, since this space, where dating is concerned, is usually a repository for the horrible and weird. :)

Rainey said...

Haha, ok I will accept that. Anyway, I'm happy for you. It sounds like you are happy and having a good time and that is all that matters. :-)

The Prufroquette said...

Thanks, doll. :)

The Year of More and Less

Life continues apace. I like being in my late thirties. I have my shit roughly together. I'm more secure and confident in who I am....