Thursday, February 12, 2009

a rather blustery day

The wind today is wuthering.

Actually it sounds more like a huge baby throwing a temper tantrum against the walls. On my way to work I almost skittered into the minivan I was passing when a blast of wind hooked its fingers under the body of my car and tried to throw it sideways.

Dude, someone get this kid a rattle.

At least I didn't wake up to a world recovered in snow. Everyone is dreading it. While the past few days have been so dark as to render it "evening all afternoon" (seriously, the Cullens could have done very well in Erie if something went wrong in Forks), the temperature has hovered in the mid- to high fifties, and we're all scared to relish it, and it's making the entire city grumpy. I wanted to hit just about everyone I spoke to yesterday. (Oh, and I'm grumpy too.)

PA people are funny. Give us thirty degree weather after a long stretch in the negatives, and we're ripping off our coats and running around in T-shirts. Push the temperature up to forty or fifty and we're shrugging back into our winterwear and skulking around with one eye on the sky waiting for the snow to come back.

In other news, I finally have access to Pandora Radio at work, and I'm so in love.

1 comment:

none said...

I. Love. Pandora.

The Year of More and Less

Life continues apace. I like being in my late thirties. I have my shit roughly together. I'm more secure and confident in who I am....