Friday, August 01, 2008

By the Mark

This song by Gillian Welch is just absolutely beautiful. I sing it in the car on repeat a lot (made even more fun because I've determined a third harmony part for it -- makes me wish I could find a couple of people to sing it live. God, I miss singing with people).

By the Mark

When I cross over
I will shout and sing
I will know my Savior
By the mark where the nails have been

Chorus:
By the mark where the nails have been
By the sign upon His precious skin
I will know my Savior when I come to Him
By the mark where the nails have been

A man of riches
May claim a crown of jewels
But the King of Heaven
Can be told from the prince of fools
(Chorus)

On Calvary's Mountain
Where they made Him suffer so
All my sin was paid for
A long, long time ago
(Chorus)

No comments:

The Year of More and Less

Life continues apace. I like being in my late thirties. I have my shit roughly together. I'm more secure and confident in who I am....