Wednesday, November 28, 2007

the new Christmas spirit, part 3

Sleigh bells ring, are you listenin’?
In the lane snow is glistening
A beautiful sight, I’m happy tonight
Walking in a winter wonderland

Gone far hence is the sparrow
On a fence is a scarecrow
He’s single like me, but I’m warmer than he
Walking in a winter wonderland.

In the meadow I can build a snowman
and pretend that he is Parson Brown.
He’ll say, “Are you married?” I’ll say, “No, man!
I’m happy hitting bars all over town!”

Later on I will slouch in the crook of the couch
I'll stifle a groan, 'cause it’s better alone,
Walking in a winter wonderland.

3 comments:

Yax said...

These are terrific. If you record them as an album, I'll buy it.

none said...

Write more!

LRuggiero_temp said...

Oooooh, I love the last stanza bc it's funny but also bitter. Gorgeous, just like you (of course!).

The Year of More and Less

Life continues apace. I like being in my late thirties. I have my shit roughly together. I'm more secure and confident in who I am....