Wednesday, November 28, 2007

the new Christmas spirit

Unattached for the holidays, hooray! But because every Christmas song has to do with boring old-hat things like love, companionship and family, I thought I'd add my own touch...


Dashing through the snow
in a one-horse open sleigh
o’er the fields I go
screaming all the way
Bobtail’s bells don’t ring
The reins are quite a fright
I don’t know how to drive this thing
but at least I’m out tonight!

Chorus
Single bells, single bells
single all the way
O what fun it is to ride
in a cold two-person sleigh!
(Repeat)

A day or two ago
all the couples took a ride
just because I lived solo
didn’t mean that I would hide!
I was feeling pretty swank
till the traces came undone
I flew into a drifted bank
and walked back home alone! Hey!
(Chorus)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is hilarious

LRuggiero_temp said...

But at least I'm out tonight! Ain't it the truth!!!!!!!

The Year of More and Less

Life continues apace. I like being in my late thirties. I have my shit roughly together. I'm more secure and confident in who I am....