Friday, December 03, 2004

a pox on the turkey that poxed me

The title reads better if you say (or think) "poxed" in two syllables, like a line from Shakespeare. Unfortunately no backward accent mark for the "e" on blogger. (This is my only complaint so far regarding blogger.)

Felt better through the day but declined toward evening, which really sucked as I was supposed to go out with guy from church tonight. We're rescheduled for Sunday, though, so all shall (I hope) be well. Damn the turkey.

Although on a best-interest note this does present an opportunity to be well-rested for a grueling work day tomorrow. So it will work out for the best in the long (or short) run.

I bought a new pair of jeans today! The old ones would barely stay on. The new ones are gorgeous and wonderfully long. Nothing excites me more than a fantastic pair of new jeans and fantastic new sweaters. Except for perhaps a good haircut. And since I have all three, my little princess self is quite satisfied.

Clytemnestra has taken a hiatus for a short time. I have no energy to write, and no will. But nothing is lost; it's been an incubation period for several characters and scenes, albeit ones far in the future, and so I think when the Muse decides to sit on me again I'll have something to put to the paper. I don't mind terribly not wanting to write; I have a lot on my mind (such as Christmas shopping and Christmas cards -- ack! -- and the ever-present question of money) and hell, it's the Christmas season: Even if I can't get a real week's vacation, I can take a break from something.

I'm incredibly excited to go to the Sommervilles'. I love their family, and it's going to be wonderful to be part of one for the most crucial twenty-four hours of the year.

And now a request: Would all of you who read this blog and who already know me in person kindly send me your mailing information? Now that Christmas cards have a point, I'm going to do my best to send bunches out to the people far away from me, whom I miss and love. But I can't locate my old GCC directory, and so no home addresses. My IM screen name is prettypuddleglum; I should be online frequently, so send it my way. Help me love you!

And it's bedtime. I finished the First Jungle Book and have begun possibly the eighth or ninth reading of Watership Down. I'm in the mood for animal stories, and Richard Adams does a wonderful job creating a culture and folklore for his rabbits, which he interweaves excellently with an epic tale of heroism and vision. And the chapters are short, which makes for great toilet reading.

No comments:

The Year of More and Less

Life continues apace. I like being in my late thirties. I have my shit roughly together. I'm more secure and confident in who I am....