Thursday, December 16, 2004

yukon, ho!

I hate having neighbors.

I hate hearing noise through the walls. A few minutes ago it was an inexplicable, hesitant tapping on the inside of Marianne's bedroom wall. Now it's the blurry zz-vv-mm-zz of a television turned way too far up.

This was my biggest beef with dorm life in college. I was always pounding on doors and asking, in my loudest voice, if the people inside could turn their music down please, as I generally try to sleep at three in the morning and don't like to feel the subwoofer vibrating the walls. I spent most of college intensely hating my neighbors.

This is making me want a private apartment somewhere, as I can't hope to afford a house yet. Somewhere above someone else's home, where it's quieter and I'm not bordered on every conceivable side by people I don't want to know.

And that is my complaint of the day. On a good note, I found a lovely angel to top my tree today. And a few really cute ornaments. So now my tree looks a little less like I took it out of a box.

Oh yes, and I got out of work two hours early. Also lovely.

No comments:

The Year of More and Less

Life continues apace. I like being in my late thirties. I have my shit roughly together. I'm more secure and confident in who I am....