Saturday, December 11, 2004

what a wonderful world

First, allow me to say how much I love winter: I really love winter. Even bare rainy days such as this one when there is no snow, the trees are a darkwet green-silver-grey, and the grass is exhibiting a faded green only from habit. Everything is dead, silent, and asleep, except for the wind. And it's lovely beyond compare.

On to other things. I should start saying "Whatever" more often. It seems that when I do, I get the phone calls I'd been waiting for in agony and not receiving.

And on that note, I have to work (yes, on a Saturday!) and my beloved Earl of Oxford -- a stodgy, harrumphing, middle-aged four-cylinder 1994 Dodge Caravan, to those of you who have not been introduced to Earl -- needs his weekly sip of gas.

1 comment:

Music Trades said...

Sarah, I just have to compliment you on thinking exactly the way people who develop car paint colors think. "Green-silver-grey" is precisely how I'd describe the color I picked out for my car... and it's called "winter green."

- SK

The Year of More and Less

Life continues apace. I like being in my late thirties. I have my shit roughly together. I'm more secure and confident in who I am....