Wednesday, January 12, 2005

asking for a miracle

The visit home was marvellous, and as usual I enjoyed the drive back, except for one thing...

My lower back.

Recurring problems since tenth grade occasionally make my life something of an agony...like a six hour car trip with minimal stops. I did try to walk around and stretch it out at service plazas, but it was dark most of the way back and one of the drawbacks to being a woman traveling alone is the creepiness of interstate waystations. So the stops were minimal. Today my lower back is swollen and painful; the last time this happened I couldn't walk for a day, and now, without health insurance, I can't afford to go to the chiropractor for a hip and spine adjustment, or to the doctor for prescription pain medication.

The gist of this is not to whine but to state the problem so that those of you who wish to can pray. If I can't work I don't eat. However God sees fit to provide for me is (I think!) fine with me. Not that He operates based on my permission, but you get what I'm saying, I'm sure.

Thanks all!

No comments:

The Year of More and Less

Life continues apace. I like being in my late thirties. I have my shit roughly together. I'm more secure and confident in who I am....