Monday, January 31, 2005

love nest

My balcony has turned into an aviary Rodeo Drive. Finches and chickadees and songbirds are scuffling and mating and rolling all over the place in the snow outside my sliding glass doors. It's like extreme Discovery channel, live.

They're really quite acrobatic, if ferocious and unromantic.

Part of me wants to lean out the window and yell, "Hey! What gives? I'm writing a paper in here!" Another part of me finds it enormously funny. Another part of me witnesses the sudden, sweeping, falling-in-mid-air feats and finds it beautiful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Time to time, I feel that I am wasting my time with all these blogs. But yours is very interesting. I will return for sure
Jeff - jock itch

The Year of More and Less

Life continues apace. I like being in my late thirties. I have my shit roughly together. I'm more secure and confident in who I am....