Monday, January 03, 2005

riddle me this

Four months cannot wipe away the occasional place-warp of living in a new region.

For instance... Explain to me a people who brake through green lights. Why, Indiana? Why? (It makes me want to lean out the window like Kat in Ten Things I Hate about You and yell "Remove head from sphincter, then drive!")

And why did I spend so much time learning to say "soda" when the first waitress who heard me ask what kinds of soda they had looked at me blankly until I amended it to pop? Seriously, where am I living? Even in Western PA people know what soda is, even if they opt not to use it as an active vocabulary term.

Well. All that aside, I am beginning to work on the necessary grad school application things...whew, the deadline is moving up! I hope I get in. I'm happy with my life as it is, but I really want back into academia.

And in two days, I'm taking a trip home.

No comments:

The Year of More and Less

Life continues apace. I like being in my late thirties. I have my shit roughly together. I'm more secure and confident in who I am....