Sunday, January 02, 2005

it makes me sad

Two women in the past two days have shopped at Ann Taylor with black eyes. I remember my dad telling me stories from his days on street patrol about men getting mean on Christmas because they hated themselves for not being better fathers and husbands. It was sad but I didn't have to think about it. Confronted with the reality, I wanted to cry. Instead I clacked briskly around in heels helping them return unwanted clothing and getting things for their daughters to try on.

Maranatha, please. I hate the thought of this happening in the world. Even more than the suffering, it's the acceptance and endurance of suffering that sticks a knife in my gut.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Sarah,

Just wanted to say that I'm glad you're okay. I was worried about you for a while because you weren't posting. I hoped you were just busy.

You've inspired me to blog now. My spot is NotADesperateHousewife.

I never send comments, but I just wanted you to know that I enjoy your young perspective of life. You're doing well and don't ever believe anything different.

The Year of More and Less

Life continues apace. I like being in my late thirties. I have my shit roughly together. I'm more secure and confident in who I am....