Friday, April 11, 2008

semi-delicate matters

Right, so as a female I go through That Female Thing once a month. Men, this is the subject of this post. If you don't care to read further, don't. If you do...well, I warned you.

It's not all that gross, really, what I'm going to talk about. It's just that with each peak of the cycle, I've been suffering, these past few months, horribly intense pain. And it's getting worse.

Yesterday I took about 1200 mg of Ibuprofen just to make a dent in the Wall of Horrendous Pain. At once. More as the day went on. But a person's stomach can only handle so much of the stuff before it starts to complain too, and then what do you do?

I'm a little worried that Something is Wrong. A doctor's visit is in order. At least maybe as far as pain is concerned, he can prescribe something a little better. I've lain awake a significant part of the night these last two nights, almost immobilized and breathless, and today I feel tired and sore. It hurts to sit down. It hurts to stand up. It hurts to walk. It hurts to stay still.

I love being a woman. But this part of it is the pits. And it's making me crankier than a bear just out of hibernation who finds that the salmon aren't breeding. Garrrrr. Of course, that's when I'm not sitting around staring blankly at nothing like the same bear who's been shot with the biggest whopping tranquilizer gun in Alaska and it hurts a lot but he can't really move.

No comments:

The Year of More and Less

Life continues apace. I like being in my late thirties. I have my shit roughly together. I'm more secure and confident in who I am....